News Brief – Home Burns 1 Day After Smart Meter Installed

August 3rd, 2012 – Fire Guts Home One Day After Smart Meter Installed – A home in British Columbia was destroyed the day after a smart meter was installed by BC Hydro.  The fire department concluded that the cause of the fire was a crack in the meter base.  The smart meter installer had been observed to have pounded repeatedly to force the smart meter into its socket.  The utility accepts no responsibility for the fire. See full story at Vancouver Sun.  Click here.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s